The following cookies are set when a user visits a website that hs SessionCam recording enabled:
- 1st party permanent cookie, set for 1 year, used to identify an individual unique user
The SessionCam reporting console includes the ability to re-sort recorded sessions by unique user. This aggregates multiple visits from the same, unique user over a selected date/time range. This cookie is used to enable this report. The cookie name is "sc.UserId".
- 1st party session-expiry cookie used to store the recording status through the user's session
This cookie is set on the first load of SessionCam to store whether SessionCam is to record the session or not. The cookie also stores data for whether ServiceTick web surveys are configured to launch for this hostname. The cookie name is "sc.Status".
- 1st party session-expiry cookie used to identify the individual user session.
A recording showing multiple pages visited during a user’s unique visit to a web site is “stitched” together using details provided by this cookie. The cookie name is "sc.ASP_NET_SESSIONID".
- 3rd party session cookie only used when a visitor goes across multiple domain names belonging to the same client within a single visit.
This cookie is always set but only used in the specific situation as some of our clients have web sites where the content and functionality is distributed across multiple domain names. This cookie enables the SessionCam reporting console to maintain a view of that user’s session across multiple domain names. The cookie name is "sc.ASP_NET_SESSIONID".
- 1st party SessionCam Test cookie deleted after being set.
This cookie is set when SessionCam initialises and is only ever used to ensure we can read and write cookies. Once this cookie has been set it is deleted immediately and if the cookie fails to set, SessionCam will not attempt to record. The cookie name is "SessionCamTestCookie".